The wearing of school uniform is compulsory at Sunbury West. The uniform is predominately bottle green in colour, with secondary colours of red and white.
A brief summary of the dress code is listed below and a copy of the complete Policy is available from the school office.
• All children are required to wear the prescribed school uniform at school and when representing the school in the community.
• The only jewellery items permitted are watches and standard ‘sleeper” and standard ‘stud’ earrings.
• No make- up is permitted. Sunscreen will be encouraged in Terms 1 and 4. Coloured zinc cream is not permitted. Clear nail polish only may be worn.
• Skivvies and long sleeve T.Shirts may be worn under polo shirts but must be in school colours.
• All children are required to wear a protective school hat while outside during recess and lunchtime in Terms 1 and 4. Hats must be slouch or legionnaire and in school colours.
• Student’s hair must be a natural colour.
Sunbury West is a "Sunsmart School". We implement a “No Hat, No Play” policy.
It is school policy that all children wear Sunsmart hats Terms 1 and 4 during recess, lunch, sport and excursions. All children must wear either a broad brimmed or legionnaire style hat that protects the face, neck and ears. If your child does not have the correct hat at school, they are required to sit in the shade.
PSW, our uniform supplier operate a retail shop at: Shop 6, 106-120 Gap Rd Sunbury (Aldi Centre).
Trading hours: Wednensday - Friday 10.00am - 4.00pm and Saturday 9.00am - 12.00noon